Continued Professional Education
Continuing Education & Compliance Workshops
Using the e-Factor® Game
Training for CPAS, Attorneys, Non-Profits and Retail
Continuing Education and Compliance Workshops (3-4 hours)
These fun and interactive workshops use the e-Factor!® game and real-life scenarios customized to address current business and ethics dilemmas. The content is connected to codes of conduct, corporate policies, legal regulations and other compliance requirements in order to meet standards for ethics education and license renewal. We meet Arizona and other state CPA ethics CPE requirements as well as requirements for attorney ethics CLE. Content is updated regularly to ensure latest standards are reflected in the programs.
Train-the-Trainer Program Using the e-Factor® Game
Train-The-Trainer Programs (2-3 day workshops)
This fun and interactive program is designed to teach in-house and external trainers, coaches, consultants, HR specialists and facilitators how to incorporate e-Factor!® into their own programs and business models. Trainers must buy games and sign a licensing agreement.
- Train-the-Trainer fee includes workbooks, trainer’s manual and one-year licensing agreement. Annual license renewal includes updates to content and materials.
- Co-facilitation for up to three workshops is included if desired. Travel expense reimbursement is additional.
4-hour Ethics CPE Workshop: e-Factor!® – Professional Ethics
Experience the Power of your Peers, learn while you earn, discuss practical, real-life situations you might not thing are ethics issues and truly enjoy getting your 4 hours of Ethics Credit! Yes, it IS possible to have fun while you learn about current ethical standards and updates of ARS, AAC and AICPA Code of Professional Conduct. Due to CoronaVirus Shelter In Place orders we now conduct this program by Zoom and in-person.
e-Factor!® is an educational board game that brings to life real business and ethics scenarios we could face every day. We use this game in our ethics CPE workshops to provide a more engaging, fun way to explore accounting ethics issues, rule changes, and best practices. In our team-based, interactive approach you actually practice solving ethical dilemmas, talk with your peers and receive practical lessons you can take out of the workshop to apply in your work environment.
This program qualifies for 4 hours of Ethics CPE. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program. (There are even prizes awarded for most ethical team…!)
The agenda for this 4-hour workshop includes (for both In Person and via Zoom)
- Brief overview of ethics updates (100 minutes)
- AZ ARS and AAC updates (50 minutes)
- AICPA CPC Updates and Exposure Drafts (50 minutes)
- Rules of the game (5 Minutes)
- Interactive Scenarios covering Regulatory and Professional Ethics –
- Arizona Statutes and Administrative Rules (50 minutes)
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct (50 minutes)
- Business and Professional Ethical Scenarios (15 minutes)
- Review of experiences, lessons learned and course evaluation (20 minutes)
This presentation uses the following methods for completing the agenda:
- Interactive discussion and definition of appropriate business behavior.
- Role-Play, Simulation and Game techniques to help define business ethics and highlight key concepts of appropriate business practices.
- Action Plan development for applying workshop lessons immediately in the workplace.
About the Facilitator Marcy J Maslov
Best known for inventing e-Factor!®, the educational board game of business ethics, Marcy J Maslov has become a powerful voice for her innovative approach to building strong ethical leaders and professionals. Marcy started her career in Fortune 500 accounting and finance, working for Pepsi, 20th Century Fox and Motorola in roles of increasingly higher responsibility. She left the corporate world for more entrepreneurial endeavors, creating Empowerment Unlimited Coaching, LLC, an executive coaching and consulting firm that brings Fortune 500 skills, financial literacy and real-world ethics continuing education to small business.
Marcy has become a champion for gamification to improve the quality of professional development. Marcy holds an MBA from Duke University and a BS in Accountancy from U of Illinois Champaign-Urbana. She also is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach and has served on several non-profit boards including Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance and Inventors Association of Arizona. Marcy speaks to national and international audiences on the positive value of ethics.
Thanks to our Sponsors!
from CPAs who have completed the program…
Best way (Most fun too!) of completing an Ethics Workshop!!! Heck Yes Will recommend to others and will use e-Factor!® again!
Excellent program, brings practical questions and thoughtful responses.
Discussion and relation-based (game-playing) interaction is more effective for me than to sit down and listen to static facts.
This is my third time through this course for ethics. I would not use another method. Outstanding!
Fastest (i.e. easiest to get through) 4 hours of ethics available.
I found the e-Factor!® Game to be a much more effective ethics tool than the traditional ethics lecture format.
Far superior to reading rules, statutes, code to an audience.
Excellent, creative way to teach the normally dry topic.
Thank you for making ethics fun and interactive. Your class sparked a lot of conversation and debate, all fun and informative. Great Class!
A fun and exciting way to learn and update my ethics understanding and requirements.
We also offer 1 hour, 90-minute and 2 hour
general ethics business programs on
- Dollars and Sense of Ethical Behavior
- Unlocking the Positive Value of Ethics
- Leader vs Staff vs Client View of Ethics
- Using Games in Training and Professional Development Courses
We have provided ethics training for
- IEEE Annual Conference
- Society for Corporate Compliance & Ethics
- CBIZ MHM
- IMA Annual Conference
- Seely Mullins
- Desert de Oro Foods
- Able Engineering
- and other local businesses
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Booking a Business Ethics Workshop for Your Organization.